What is Search Engine Optimization?
Think of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) like gardening…
- Gardening is a base of knowledge based the science of plant life and the experience of gardeners.
- Inputs and outputs can vary from one garden to the next depending on the environmental factors in and around that garden.
- Knowledgeable gardeners adjust appropriately to conditions in order to yield an abundant crop.
- SEO knowledge arises from the science of human behavior, the experience of Search Engine Optimizers, and the search algorithms that are built for that behavior.
- Inputs and outcomes can vary from one website to the next depending on the situation and factors in and around that website.
- Knowledgeable SEOs adjust appropriately to conditions in order to yield abundant results.
Like expert gardening, expert Search Engine Optimization requires a broad and deep understanding of what your environment will yield well, and what it won’t. Both require an understanding of what the best fuel for growth is, and why. And just as expert gardeners have knowledge rooted in horticulture, biology, and chemistry, expert Search Engine Optimizers have knowledge rooted in mathematics, logic, and psychology.
Local, National, International SEO
There are special considerations for gaining new customers from the web depending on whether you have a local business, a local business with multiple locations, a national audience, or an international audience. The category into which you fit here is one of the most distinguishing factors when it comes to your search engine optimization process.
Our clients that sell products online come to us because the internet is a major, if not the only, source of their customers. Their business depends on their online marketing results. We love these kinds of projects, and often maintain these client relationships for years and years.
Online Reputation Management
Online reputation management, or online brand management, should be a part of your professional search engine optimization services. This can take a few forms. For example:
- When someone searches for your business, ideally you monopolize all of the page one results, and in way that makes you look great. This could be about getting the right content displaying as you need it to be, or it could be about overcoming negative things others have said about you.
- When reviews are a major factor in gaining new customers and beating competitors, managing your success on review sites is crucial.
- Sometimes you find that incorrect or outdated business information has somehow proliferated across the internet. Correcting this can be quite tricky.
New Sky Strategies has been essential in our website being ranked on the first page of Google's organic search results for many of our most competitive keywords. They also represent us extensively in our social media efforts with great success. The team is wonderful to work with and has truly been an asset for our company in the 2+ years we have been working together. ~ Carla Jordan